We are Nuclear Races Ltd. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect will be processed by us.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
• Who are we?
• What information do we collect from you?
• Why do we collect this information?
• How long do we keep hold of your information?
• Who might we share your information with?
• How is your data stored and kept secure?
• What are your rights?
• How can you access information we hold about you?
• Changes to this Policy
• Contact Us
Who are we?
Who is this policy for?
• Participants, including Rookies (children aged 4-14);
• Rookie parents/guardians;
• Customers; and
• Our suppliers.
It will also apply to you if you use any of our sites. Our sites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data directly from children through our sites.
What information do we collect from you?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your:
• date of birth;
• address (billing and delivery);
• email address;
• phone number;
• Medical Details
• social media handles;
• team name;
• emergency contact information;
• clothing sizes;
• financial information, including bank account and payment card details;
• marketing preferences;
• any training done; and
• how you heard about Nuclear Races.
Information we collect from your use of our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service;
• Information we collect throughout our relationship. This includes information collected where you sign up to and participate in, or attend one of our events, and may include:
• the number of times you have entered a Nuclear event;
• your race number;
• your race results, including race time, finishing position, status (i.e. finished/started); and
• your photograph or video.
We also may collect your information at one of our events via body cam where you need to be evacuated from the course for medical reasons.
• Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with other organisations, including:
• insurance providers.
Special Category Data
Special category data includes data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, as well as the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. The only special category data we will collect from you is data concerning your health. If you book to participate in one of our events, we will ask you to provide us with details of any medical conditions you have to ensure that you are eligible to take part in one of our events and that we are able to provide you with appropriate support medical care during our events, where necessary. We may also collect medical information where you are involved in an accident at one of our events. We will do that on the basis of your consent or the protection of your vital interests.
Why do we collect this information?
We will only process your personal data where the law allows us to. We process your personal information for the following purposes:
• Pursuant to a contract in order to:
• Process information at your request to take steps to enter into a contract; 4
• Provide you with our products and services;
• Process payments;
• Make deliveries;
• Maintain business and service continuity; and
• Send service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or post or, if the circumstances require it, we may contact you by phone. These may include booking and order confirmation emails, notifications about changes to our service etc.
• On the basis of your consent:
• Where we rely on your consent for processing this will be brought to your attention when the information is collected from you;
• We will only contact you with direct marketing communications if you consent to us doing so and you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
• In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business we will process your information in order to:
• provide you with a personalised service;
• improve our products and services;
• keep our site and systems safe and secure;
• understand our customer base and purchasing trends;
• defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints;
• verify your identity and prevent fraud and forgery;
• understand the effectiveness of our marketing; and
• we will carry out analytics to improve our products and services as set out above. You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
To comply with legal requirements relating to:
• the provision of products and services;
• data protection; 5
• health and safety;
• anti-money laundering;
• fraud investigations;
• assisting law enforcement; and
• any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
Photographs and videos
Where you attend one of our events you may be appear in photographs and/or videos taken on the day. After the events these will be available for you to download and share via our website. These may also be uploaded to our social media sites for your viewing, used in promotional materials, news articles, or for similar business purposes. We rely on the legal basis that it is in our legitimate interests to provide you with a photo or a video of your event, and to enable us to market the event to third parties. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing. See the What are your rights? section below for more information. We may inform you of additional purposes for processing your information when that information is collected from you.
Special category data
The purposes for which we will process your special category data are listed below:
• We will use information about your health to:
- to determine whether you are eligible to take part in our Races;
- to ensure that we are able to provide you with appropriate support medical care during your Race, where necessary; or
- to defend against legal claims.
We may process your special category data in the following circumstances:
• where we have your explicit written consent;
• where it is in your vital interests; or
• to defend against legal claims.
• [Where we have a legal obligation to do so]. If we do ask for your explicit written consent, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. Less commonly, we may process this type of information where it is needed in relation to legal claims, or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent.
Who might we share your information with?
6 For the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with the following categories of third parties, including:
• suppliers and sub-contractors who we appoint to provide services such as providers of our online booking system, online payment services, online e-commerce system, marketing services, software, race timing solutions, delivery services, photo viewing sites, and video hosting;
• professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
• customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services;
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities; Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Links to third party sites
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and social networking pages. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check through these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation. We use the following protection measures:
• transferring to Commission approved countries; 7
• using Commission approved model contractual clauses; or
• requiring companies we transfer data to in the US to be signed up to certification e.g. Privacy Shield.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
At Nuclear Races, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information kept by us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. More information is available by contacting us.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time. You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at Nuclear Races Ltd, Great Myles, Ongar Road, Kelvedon Hatch, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 0LB, or firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right:
• to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
• to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
• to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest;
• to request from us access to personal information held about you;
• to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
• to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing); and
• to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract. Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
What we ask of you
Keeping your information accurate and up to date – if your information changes for any reason, for example you change your name or contact details, then you should inform us of the change as soon as possible so that we can ensure your information is kept accurate and up to date. Please use the contact details given in the Contact Us section below to let us know. Personal data that you provide about another person – if you provide us with information about another person, for example where you register another person for one of our events on their behalf, or provide us about information about your emergency contact, you confirm that you have informed them of our identity, the purposes for which their personal data will be processed (e.g. for event registration or emergency contact purposes) and that you have obtained their permission to 9 such processing.
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our site and also allows us to improve our site.
We use the following types of cookies:
o Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
o Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
o Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
o Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below: